Online Courses for Mental Health in the Workplace
Workplace Mental Health for Leaders
The Workplace Mental Health for Leaders course delivers an overview of common mental illnesses, legal obligations to employees, designing reasonable adjustments, privacy requirements and balancing your people needs with business needs.
The course is delivered online via four self-paced modules. Each module has videos, a recorded lesson and support notes.
What you will learn:
Develop your understanding of mental health in the workplace through tutorials, video demonstrations and support materials.
Module One – Roles and Responsibilities in the Workplace
- Roles and responsibilities when responding to mental health issues in the workplace
- Strategies to approach and address employees with mental health issues
Module Two – Common mental illnesses and their impacts in the workplace
- Increased understanding of the common mental illnesses of anxiety, depression, bipolar and schizophrenia
- Recognise the symptoms and possible functional impacts in the workplace for each of these illnesses
Module Three – Workplace Strategies and Adjustments
- Design reasonable workplace adjustments (reasonable accommodations) for mental illness
Strategies, language and framework to talk to employees appropriately about mental illness
- Develop and implement a Workplace Mental Health Strategy including planning tools to create a mentally healthy workplace
Module Four – Workplace Case Studies
- Case Studies of workplace responses to employees with mental illness that outline key learning from previous modules
- Resources available to assist managers and supervisors to support employees with mental illness
An excellent and detailed overview of mental illness. The varying types, country-wide statistics and more importantly, the tools, resources and contacts to take away and use/utilise whenever needed. – J. Davies, Academic Services Team Leader, UWA
This online course is for employees that manage, supervise or lead staff in the workplace.
Participants will learn about common mental health issues, their obligations to employees and appropriate strategies to respond to mental health issues in the workplace.
- Do your managers and supervisors know how to appropriately respond to mental health issues in their staff?
- Do they understand their obligations around privacy and confidentiality?
- Do they know how to design and implement reasonable adjustments for staff with mental health issues that support both the individuals and the business’s needs?
The course is available with or without assessments.
Engaging course that’s essential for understanding the complexities of mental health issues. – A. Lush, Director, Lush Digital
Frequently Asked Questions
Learning about mental illness sounds heavy. Do I need any prior knowledge to complete the course?
It is a serious topic but our number one item of feedback from the course is that we make the content relatable and give plenty of examples and stories to help you understand your role towards employee mental health and wellbeing.
I’ve heard about the Mental Health First Aid course. How is this different?
Workplace Mental Health for Leaders focusses on your roles and responsibilities as a manager or leader to employee mental health. We give you a broad overview of common mental illnesses within it which in our experience, is often what managers and supervisors are needing. We also cover how various mental health issues might affect an employee’s functioning and detail a manager’s role in responding to these. You will learn the workplace specific context of recognising and responding to mental health issues and the skills and strategies needed to positively improve your workplace mental health culture.
Will it help me to meet my legal obligations as an employer?
We will explain your legal obligations as an employer and guide you through the process of making reasonable adjustments (reasonable accommodations) that balance your employee needs, your obligations as an employer and how to balance these with your business needs.
There’s heaps of information on the internet about workplace mental health. Why do I need to do the course?
It’s great that you are proactively looking for information about workplace mental health. Our course will help you to cut through to the essential skills and understanding you need to apply your knowledge to your specific role and workplace. We are passionate about improving the outcomes for both employees and organisations and our information is based on international best practice and approved by psychologists and workplace experts.
How long will it take me to complete the course?
Each module takes between 20-30 minutes to watch and then has a short assessment to apply the content to your specific role (optional). The course is self-paced so you can smash it out in an afternoon or work through it in time bites of your choice.
Will I be certified at the end of it?
No, however you will receive a certificate of completion and a stack of tools and resources for your role in the workplace.
Is the course accessible on mobiles?
Yes. You can login to the course and also complete assessments from all devices. You can watch the videos from your donga at night or sitting in the car waiting for your little one’s soccer training to finish.
The course is available with or without assessments.