- This event has passed.
PUBLIC COURSE – Mental Health First Aid
May 5-May 6$550
How to assist someone experiencing mental health problems or who are in a mental health crisis.
Course Duration | 2 Days (5th & 6th May 2021)
Schedule: Day 1: 8:45am – 4:00pm. Day 2: 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Location: Perth CBD (Exact location to be confirmed).
About the course
The symptoms, functional impacts and recommended interventions for the common mental health conditions of:
- Substance misuse
and how to assist a person in crisis such as:
- Panic attack, acute stress reaction
- Suicide risk
- Acute psychosis
- Substance overdose
Mental Health First Aid is for those who have clients, colleagues, family members or friends living with mental illness and who want to know how best to help them.
- Comprehensive manual and take home resources
- Lifetime membership to Bloomers
- Certificate of completion
- Opportunity to undertake the MHFA assessment and become an accredited Mental Health First Aider