Mental Health Training
At Blooming Minds our commitment to real and sustained cultural development in organisational mental health is what sets us apart.
Our approach to mental health training is based on Behavioural Integration; we include pre and post course supports and workplace customisation, to assist you to implement the learning in your workplace. This is part of our commitment to breaking down stigma in our communities and our passion for mentally healthy workplaces. Training that changes behaviours, gives a greater return on the investment you make.
We customise our programs to target the specific needs of our participants through pre course surveys which are used to tailor the course content. We have a range of training options including in-house customised courses, public seminars, online and mixed mode delivery.
After attending a training program, you gain access to our membership site that gives you ongoing access to us, our videos and regularly updated new resources. We also have a range of products that can be customised for your organisation to assist you in making a cultural change in the mental health approach of your people and systems.
Mental Health Courses for Leaders
From the CEO to Frontline Managers, we work with your organisation to increase your understanding of how to systematically and practically support employee mental health. Our programs include:
Workplace Leaders Extension Program
Who is the Workplace Leaders Extension Program for?
Human Resource professionals and managers with high levels of direct employee contact.
The Workplace Leaders Extension Program combines the two day Mental Health First Aid and a half day people leader’s extension program (2 ½ days).
This is the optimum program if you are in a leadership role to ensure you can recognise and respond to mental health issues as well as understand your obligations around reasonable adjustments, privacy and balancing people’s needs with business needs. This is particularly relevant for people in positions responsible for raising concerns regarding mental health issues, responding to potential crisis and designing and implementing ongoing reasonable workplace adjustments.
Workplace Mental Health for Leaders
Who is Workplace Mental Health for Leaders for?
This course is for people leaders with supervisory or management roles.
This one day course focuses on a brief overview of common illnesses, functional impacts, reasonable adjustments, privacy and balancing people’s needs with business needs.
There’s a lot of noise about workplace mental health yet, talk alone is not enough to reduce the costs and impacts of mental health issues in the workplace.
The Workplace Mental Health for Leaders Course will give you specific strategies to implement for employees and managers including:
- Overview of common mental illnesses and their possible functional impacts in the workplace
- How to recognise and respond to mental health issues in employees
- Employer obligations for privacy and confidentiality
- Design reasonable adjustments for staff with mental health issues that support both the individuals’ and the business’s needs
- Apply your understanding of mental health in the workplace through guided activities that focus on your specific workplace context.
In this session, we specifically address the topic of suicide as relevant to the workplace. Sometimes people who are at risk of suicide may demonstrate identifiable signs in the workplace, yet managers and colleagues are often either not aware of those signs or don’t know how to appropriately respond. We address the signs to look for, how to have a respectful conversation with someone you’re concerned about and how to connect the person with appropriate supports, form both an individual and organisational perspective.
Leading Positively Through Change
Who is Leading Positively Through Change for?
This course is for leaders in business who are looking for specific change management strategies.
Leading Positively Through Change assists leaders to positively support employees through times of change with a focus on the emotions of change, rather than just the WHAT and HOW of change.
When change feels like it is never-ending and is having a negative impact on your organisation and industry, people can become resistant and disruptive. Our most common approach to change management is to focus on the WHAT and the WHEN. We often forget about the WHO. Yet, it’s the people (THE WHO) that either make or break the change process.
Change and growth is important for any business to stay successful. It’s crucial that you ensure leaders are well equipped to make the most out of your ever evolving sector.
This session provides an overview of the process, impacts and psychology of change and draws on neuroscience to provide clear strategies for individuals to bloom.
Leading Positively Through Change will give you specific strategies to implement for employees and managers including:
- Overview of the process and impacts of change
- Strategies based on positive psychology and neuroscience for positive leadership through times of change (applicable to self and others)
- Values based leadership and behaviors and how they provide a strong foundation for change management
- Looking after self, managing stress and emotions through uncertainty
Through this session, participants will be able to develop strategies to positively manage change for immediate implementation at their level of influence.
Mental Health Courses for Employees
A key element of developing a positive mental health culture is to assist employees to take responsibility for their own mental health and wellbeing and to proactively manage stress, develop resilience, and improve their overall mental well-being.
We have a number of mental health training programs that can be customised to suit your employees needs:
- Lunch and Learn sessions on a range of mental health topics to assist employees to develop more positive awareness of mental illness and strategies to promote mental wellbeing for themselves and others.
- Building Buoyancy your employees will increase their personal capacity to proactively manage stress and therefore support their mental wellbeing.
- Dealing with Difficult Colleagues equips employees with strategies to manage difficult relationships with colleagues and focuses on self-management.
- Self Leadership Through Times of Change provides an overview of the process and impacts of change. Employees learn strategies based on neuroscience to positively master times of change and to develop strategies to positively manage change, that they can implement immediately.
- Mental Health Awareness provides evidence based mental health information for your employees to access through your intranet.
Mental Health Courses For First Responders
Who is Mental Health First Aid for?
The Mental Health First Aid course is for all first responders such as First Aid representatives, Peer Supporters, HSE and OSH employee / representatives, HR professionals and frontline service delivery staff (eg teachers, prison officers, lawyers, financial counsellors and hairdressers) to ensure that they have the knowledge and skills to respond appropriately to any mental health crisis that may develop.
Mental Health First Aid teaches participants how to assist someone experiencing mental health problems or who is in a mental health crisis. This course covers depression, anxiety, substance misuse and psychosis as well as the crisis situations of suicide, panic attack, acute psychosis and substance overdose.
Mental Health First Aid is for those who have clients, colleagues, family members or friends living with mental illness and who want to know how best to help them. It can be customised for a range of sectors and life stages.
Enquire about Mental Health First Aid >