Through creating a culture of positive mental health and wellbeing, organisations can reduce the negative effects of mental health issues, increase help-seeking and meet obligations around psychological safety.
In this program we work with you to equip a team of employees to develop a positive psychological culture from within your workplace. Champions are trained and supported to influence positive change at both individual and systems’ levels in order to have the greatest impact in reducing mental health risks and maximising responsiveness to mental health concerns for your employees.
Creating cultural change which is responsive to the varied needs of employees, which embraces diversity and which champions strengths can enhance employee performance and minimise organisational risks.
A Culture of Peer Support can achieve this by:
- Building the capacity within your organisation to reduce future risks and increase current responsiveness
- Focussing on creating a culture of ‘this is how we do things around here’ where your organisation is not dependent on a limited number of individuals, but rather all are empowered to take action
- Embedding proactive processes in all levels of decision making, planning, strategy and implementation, so that your organisation is focussed on the well-being of all rather than addressing an isolated incident of crisis or risk
- Establishing clear boundaries regarding the purpose of the peer support which encourages all employees to be responsible for a collective approach in identifying risks and creating solutions – not just the peer support worker
- Peer support ‘mutuality’ which ensures that the diversity of the workforce is reflected, and all employees feel they have someone to approach with whom they identify.
The Culture of Peer Support is driven by individuals, but not wholly dependent on individuals. It is a collective, holistic approach.
The Champions program builds your organization’s capacity through a range of SYSTEMS and INDIVIDUAL level strategies:
- Mental Health Awareness Audit
includes a review of policies & procedures, survey of leaders and employees & recommendations for improvement
- Executive Briefing Session
to ensure your Executive can support the implementation of Champions across the organisation
- 5-day education program for Champions
Your Champions will be able to then facilitate the Mental Health for Leaders intensive and employee Mental Health awareness sessions, and to deliver these across your organisation
- Communication toolkit
to develop awareness and skills in your organisation, consisting of posters, and articles for intranet and newsletters
- Champions quarterly MasterClass
for ongoing professional development
- Online Champions Vault
- Online Employee Vault