Tips for carers:
- Practice simple meditations that you can do during the day or night when you’re feeling overwhelmed (you can download ours for free here).
- Talk to your local Carers support service, in-home support agencies and also other family members or friends to arrange respite wherever possible and use that time to take yourself away from the house or do something for yourself.
- Give yourself permission to do what you can to look after yourself.
- Engage with nature, simply sit or take a walk in a park, along the beach or river and enjoy the peace that being connected in nature can bring.
- Keep in contact with friends and family, encouraging visitors to still come and stay in touch, maybe make a regular date.
- Is there a hobby you can participate in, even from home if you can’t always get out to events? Something to bring pleasure and positive engagement into your day.
- Try to keep eating balanced meals (a good idea is to cook double amounts and then freeze one portion so you only have to cook every second night).